II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Along with the F&B Manager, prepare the annual budget for the bar.
· Develop tactics aligned to the strategy to drive top line revenue.
· Optimize costs aligned to the budget and deliver bottom line profit.
· Publish prescribed reports as directed.
· Analyze monthly P&L report and present variances with corrective actions to F&B Manager.
· Drive sales through effective promotion, planning and execution.
· Assist in the development of Food and Beverage Menus including LTO’s.
· Help plan and execute special events held at the bar.
· Monitor stock levels and place orders when necessary to ensure that the bar is fully stocked at all times
· Keep up to date with competition, new products, trends, and promotions in order to make recommendations to the F&B Manager.
· Handle customer complaints in a professional and efficient manner. Escalate to F&B Manager if necessary.
· Balance cash registers at the end of each shift and prepare bank deposits
· Maintain cleanliness standards in the bar area and ensure that all glassware and utensils are properly sanitized
· Ensure 100% compliance to local laws and regulations including Food, Safety and Hygiene.
· Liaise with external vendors for uninterrupted service delivery e.g.
· Support other outlets when required and as directed by the F&B Manager.
· Be involved in recruitment of the bar staff.
· Supervise and train junior staff members, including bartenders and barbacks, ensuring that they are providing excellent customer service.
· To carry out appraisals with staff on a regular basis.
· To ensure Health and Safety practices are maintained at all times, including manual handling and stacking of items.
· To ensure that the Code of Corporate Conduct is adhered to at all times.
· To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
· To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times
· To demonstrate proper and safe usage of all equipment
· To support and adhere to the equal opportunities policy of the company
· Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
· Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
III. QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
· Hospitality management diploma / degree
· Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills.
· Passionate to achieve high guest service ratings
· People and Quality oriented.
Experience and other Qualifications
· Minimum 5 years’ experience of which at least 1 year as an Asst Manager in a sports bar in Dubai.
· Must be knowledgeable about major global sporting events/schedules.
· Prior experience as a bartender/mixologist will be an added advantage.
· Good communication skills both oral and written.
· Fluency in English language.
· Good inter-personal skills.
· Pleasant appearance.
· Attention to details.
· This role requires operational involvement at all times.
Starting our global footprint with one store in Bahrain in 1973, Landmark Group is now 43 brands strong across 2200 stores in 21 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, India and a growing presence in South East Asia.
Our mission is to bring exceptional value through a diverse array of regional brands across categories. In the Middle East, we have a basket of 18 brands of which 8 are owned homegrown brands that allow customers the convenience of omnichannel shopping. Our fashion brands include Centrepoint and Max Fashion, our home brands – Home Centre and Home Box, our electronics retail brand Emax, and Oasis Malls across the region. Centrepoint houses four of our owned brands Splash, Babyshop, Shoemart and Lifestyle which are category leaders today.
In 2019, we launched Styli, our first online-only fashion brand available in UAE, KSA, Bahrain & Kuwait. We also launched Viva our food discounter brand which stands at over 50 stores today in the UAE.
Our hospitality brands include Fitness First, Citymax Hotels, Fun City, Zafran, and Carluccio’s among many more.
At the heart of everything we do are our people and our customers. Our teams across our stores, offices and warehouses have contributed immensely to our growth as a business. While today we stand on a solid foundation, we look forward to what the future holds. Innovation, tech advancements and sustainable practices for our business and our community guide our strategy. Come and join us in paving a future that is consumer-centric, and people-focused.