It is the responsibility of the Head Chef to ensure that the kitchen runs smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively. The Head Chef requires good leadership qualities, organizational and has administrative talent which they will be held fully responsible for their outlet operation. To produce food that is of high quality and standard. Also the Head Chef will be held accountable for his food cost.
• To ensure that the kitchen operation runs smoothly and effectively.
• To assist the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef in minimizing payroll costs by maximizing the productivity and efficient scheduling of employees.
• To ensure that all reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef in an accurate and punctual manner.
• To develop menus and ‘specials’ which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
• To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
• To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
• To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
• Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
• To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
• To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
• Another important role for the Head Chef is to ensure that colleagues follow strict hygiene rules and maintain what we have already achieved with HACCP throughout the hotel.
• Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
• Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
• Interacts with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
• 1-2 years as similar position in five star hotel
• Experience in fine dining and modern Asian Cuisine
• Experience with high volume production
• Working with multi-cultural teams
• Good comprehension of the English Language
• Good computer skills
• Able to communicate effectively with large teams
APN has been a leader in the field of NDT & PWHT services in Korea.
And with establishment of a branch office (K.S.A, U.A.E, Egypt, Iraq, Oman, Bahrain, Algeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines) and successful completion of a wide range of NDE & PWHT services in Middle East and Southeastern Asia.
APN has accumulated a lot of experience and its own know-how in gas, petroleum refining, chemical & petrochemical plant, shipbuilding, offshore facilities, various equipment as well as power & energy plants with APNs high-quality and cost-competitive service not only in domestic market but also in the Asian and Middle Eastern markets.
Our goal is to build Strong Partnerships based on trust and we always focus on the client and ways to provide greater value to fulfill clients needs