Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Advising internal clients on all aspects of contract requirements, timely and detailed review and redlining, or drafting, of contract templates in accordance with KBR risk and commercial requirements, successful negotiation of such contracts with clients, and effective and responsive support to the project teams during project execution.
- Proven successful team player who can coordinate, interact, and work as a key player in the KBR corporate team.
- Identification of issues requiring KBR outside counsel involvement, with cost-effective control and management of outside counsel services.
- Timely and comprehensive corporate reporting responsibilities, including regular reporting to legal and corporate management on status of all work.
- Identification of and support of investigation and resolution of Code of Business Conduct, compliance, anti-corruption and export compliance matters by working closely with the respective corporate departments.
- Creative resolution of business or technical issues in execution by identifying legal solutions and recommending a practical course of action to management.
- The successful candidate will provide legal advice and support to the business at all levels and across a broad range of matters with a particular focus on proposals and commercial contracts.
- The role will involve day-to-day contractual support to project management teams, liaising with outside counsel and assisting with setting up new legal entities in the region and advising corporate functions including human resources and accounting & finance.
- Some ad hoc support for the Government Solutions business unit or any other businesses with an MENA nexus may be required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- J.D. degree or appropriate licensure to practice law within the jurisdiction.
- Broad-based transactional experience, with a minimum of 5 years or more experience.
- Familiarity with a broad range of contractual issues affecting the business unit’s activities, including limits of liability, indemnities, warranties and intellectual property (incl software).
- Strong business acumen and judgment, including ability to proactively identify commercial and payment issues, draft and negotiate detailed commercial terms and protections, analyze technical and commercial claims, and work within a given budget.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels and across all functions within an organization and the ability to convey complex contract and legal concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and an ability to participate in a highly collaborative team environment.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with claims is desired but not required.
- Transactional experience with Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Project/Construction Management, EPC or EPCM projects, including LNG, process technology, and or renewables/energy transition projects is an advantage.
- Previous exposure to an international in-house role is preferable, including experience in dealing with in-house business development teams and senior management, as well as Middle Eastern clients and companies on proposal documents, head contracts, subcontracts, and joint ventures.
- Familiarity with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act and the willingness to take part in compliance related work.
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 30,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission-critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.